Chapter Fifteen - Compliance
The design, operation, use and management of information systems is subject to statutory, regulatory and contractual security requirements, which Victoria Police and Approved Third Parties must meet.
Intellectual property rights include software or document copyright, design rights, trademarks, patents and source code licences.
Legislation directly related to information security, including access and release, includes the following Acts:
- Information Privacy Act 2000
- Health Records Act 2001
- Police Regulation Act 1958: s.127A
- Public Records Act 1973
- Freedom of Information Act (Vic) 1982
- Road Safety Act 1986: s. 92
- Commissioner for Law Enforcement Data Security Act 2005
- Constitution Act 1975: s. 95
- Public Administration Act 2004
- Evidence Act 1958.
These standards apply to all Victoria Police employees, contractors, and consultants and any Approved Third Parties who by way of Agreement with Victoria Police have authorised access to law enforcement data.